December 2017: Good vs Evil
A different take on our monthly case, Good vs Evil was a surprise within a surprise. To add to the mystery of The Book Case, you either received The Good Case or The Evil Case! This was so much fun to put together and we were so excited to see who got which box. And it was the very first time we included a full size Funko POP!
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- Full size Evil Witch or Snow White Funko POP!
- Avada Kedavra or Expelliarmus spell bottle Christmas decorations inspired by Harry Potter and exclusively made by PaperCUTe.
- A Sirius Black inspired Art Print “We’ve all got both light & dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on.”
- Collectible vinyl stickers by PaperCUTe: Darth Vader or Yoda from Star Wars.
November 2017: Cyberpunk
In November we brought you our out of this world Cyberpunk case! It was colourful! It was science fiction at its best! It was beautiful! The hardcover book we featured this month, not only looked stunning but was an amazing read, that gripped you from start to finish. We loved putting this case together and look forward to another futuristic case in the future.
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
- Amity sterling silver earrings inspired by Divergent from Bee-autifully Yours.
- Metallic nail tattoos exclusive to The Book Case.
- A bright W.I.C.K.E.D drawstring bag inspired by The Maze Runner exclusively made by PaperCUTe.
- A ‘Winter’ bookmark from The Lunar Chronicles by The Book Case.
- Collectible vinyl stickers by PaperCUTe: Little Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy
October 2017: Ancient Magic
Ancient Magic was a very special case for us, marking our one year anniversary, and we couldn’t believe how amazing it turned out. Not only did we feature a beautiful hardcover book, but there was a stunning second novel from one of our very own local authors. That’s right two books were featured in this case. And did I mention the magical Harry Potter pillow case, my favourite item to date!
- The Waking Land by Callie Bates
- How We Found You by JT Lawrence
- A scatter cushion cover inspired by Harry Potter. Exclusive to The Book Case.
- The beautiful dragon-scale necklace from Bee-autifully Yours.
- A Dumbledore badge pin from All Things Bookish Box.
- ‘A Rattle The Stars’ art print from us at The Book Case.
- Collectible vinyl stickers by PaperCUTe: Set 1 inspired by Harry Potter.
September 2017: The Weird & The Wonderful
One of our most exciting cases, The Weird & The Wonderful was a burst of colour. We had such fun with this one and we were especially excited about our featured book. We absolutely loved it!
1. Hannah Green and her Unfeasibly Mundane Existence by Michale Marshall Smith
2. The “we’re all mad here” book jar inspired by Alice in Wonderland exclusively made by PaperCUTe.
3. A mini Funko collector’s item – pint size heroes.
4. A bookmark inspired by Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
5. A small emoji pin to make you smile.
6. Make-a-wish bracelet by Bee-autifully Yours. Page 12: Gorguss Girl – The Weird and The Wonderful
August 2017: Enchanted Lands
One of our most popular cases, Enchanted Lands was a huge hit! Filled to the brim with everything from our favourite, fictional places, we had an absolute ball putting this together!
1. City of Circles by Jess Richards
2. The Enchanted Lands tote bag designed exclusively for the August case, by PaperCUTe
3. Wizard’s Brew tea from Tealyst South Africa
4. An ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST necklace inspired by the Shire, from Bee-autifully Yours
5. The make-a-wish bracelet by Bee-autifully Yours: Pixie Dust from Neverland
July 2017: Darkness
The July 2017 case was DARKNESS! And we had a lot of fun with this one! Who doesn’t like to be just a little bit bad?
The July case was jam-packed with dark goodies!
1. The Call by Peadar O’Guilin
2. An exclusive author’s letter from Peadar O’Guilin
3. A Six of Crows bookmark by Once Upon a Time SA
4. A Ransom Riggs pencil case inspired by Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by PaperCUTe
5. A Frankenstein ballpoint pen
6. An awesome winter hand warmer with a beautiful owl design
7. Professor Snape’s Chalk Board – for your #instaprop’s
8. Make-a-wish bracelet by Bee-autifully Yours. Page 10: Smaug’s Dragonheart – inspired by The Hobbit
June 2017: Leading Ladies
So June 2017 was all about the ladies, legendary ladies! And the June case was filled with everything girl power!
1. Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
2. An ACOTAR-inspired necklace by BEE-autifully Yours
3. A Daenerys Targaryen coaster from Game of Thrones
4. Hermoine’s Enchantment – natural soy candle
5. A Mockingjay keyring inspired by Katniss Everdeen
6. A Flame in the Mist art print from Jonathan Ball publishers
7. Collectible make-a-wish bracelet – page nine: Legendary Ladies – by Bee-autifully Yours
May 2017: Dear Stranger, with love
The theme for May 2017 was Dear Stranger, with love!
This case took you on a whirlwind of emotional adventure. From one moment of laughter to the next of shedding a few tears. Romance was felt throughout this case and a new book boyfriend appeared on the block, which inspired all the goodies in the case. Some of our favourite fictional characters were featured in this case and we loved finding all the goodies to share with everyone, as who doesn’t like to dive into old school romance once again.
Welcome to Dear Stranger, with love!
1. Letters to the lost by Brigid Kemmerer.
2. “Dear Mr Darcy” mug made exclusively by Once Upon A Time SA.
3. An enchanting art print of one of our favourite couples – Harmione and Ron
4. Vintage ‘burn-it’ post-its.
5. A little treat – Love me Sweets.
6. A “P.S. I love you” pencil exclusively made by Bee-autifully Yours.
7. Collectible make-a-wish bracelet – page eight: Dear Stranger, with love – inspired by The Fault in our Stars! by Bee-autifully Yours
Filled with romance, this case warmed the heart!
April 2017: Dreamworlds
The theme for April 2017 was Dreamworlds!
This case was the most exciting to put together. Not only were we excited about featuring the beautiful fantasy novel – ‘Strange the Dreamer’, but we were over the moon to include an exclusive, ‘never before seen’ item in this dreamworldiness case. And yes, it was an item inspired by Harry Potter, which everyone couldn’t stop raving about. We received such high praise for this beautiful case and felt the excitement through every photo that was sent to us. This case has been our favourite to put together so far and the book is definitely on the top of our ‘must read list’ for 2017.
Welcome to Weep!
1. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
2. An enchanting Lotlorien dragon-scale bookmark by Bee-autifully Yours.
3. Your very own letter from Hogwarts! A beautiful book pouch inspired by Harry Potter, made exclusively by PaperCUTe.
4. An exclusive Gorjuss keyring.
5. Collectible make-a-wish bracelet – page seven: Dreamworlds – inspired by the Hunger Games! by Bee-autifully Yours.
We finally got our letter from Hogwarts! See you all there.
March 2017: Heartbreakingly Human
The theme for March 2017 was Heartbreakingly Human!
This case featured a classic of our time, the gut-wrenching, compelling novel ‘The Hate U Give’. The case was inspired by our own country and was jam-packed with amazing goodies. Everyone felt inspired by this case and we received incredibly, heartwarming feedback. The book definitely lived up to its hype and will remain with us for a lifetime.
Welcome to Heartbreakingly Human!
1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
2. Organic Mandela Tea by The Cape Tea Co.
3. A Harry Potter inspired mug by PaperCUTe
4. Wooden heart earrings by Bee-autifully Yours.
5. An emoji pin – mixed artworks
6. A proudly South African pencil
7. A pocket mirror by Magic Mirror Romance
8. Collectible make-a-wish bracelet – page six: Heartbreakingly Human! by Bee-autifully Yours
Filled with inspiration, this was one of our most heartfelt cases.
February 2017: Let the games begin!
The theme for February 2017 was Let the games begin! T
his case was an extravaganza! Jam-packed with colour, joy and excitement, this has been our most popular case by a very long way!
We received amazing feedback on this one, and we’re really glad everyone enjoyed it! Our featured book, Caraval, was one of the the most anticipated novels of the year, and it truly fulfilled its billing!
Welcome to the circus!
1. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
2. Socks-in-a-jar by Bee-autifully Yours
3. A Mocking Jay leather bracelet by Powered By Fandom
4. A deluxe diamante pencil
5. An exclusive magnetic birdie bookmark by PaperCUTe
6. Enchanting silhouette stickers
7. Diddle Daddle caramel popcorn
8. A babushka bookmark
9. Collectible make-a-wish bracelet – page five: Let the games begin! by Bee-autifully Yours
January 2017: Myths & Magic
The theme for our first case of 2017 was Myths & Magic!
We were super excited by this month’s book from a debut author. We felt this book flew under the radar a little, but since we featured it, it has become a popular read in the bookish community! We’re not saying that it was because of us, we’re just saying that we’re really chuffed we spotted it first!
The case included the following magical items:
1. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherin Arden (hardcover)
2. The Yeti bath fizz ball and Himalayan bath salts by The Soap Den
3. A Harry Potter pencil bag by PaperCUTe
4. Hermoine’s colouring pencils.
5. A bookish vinyl sticker by PaperCUTe
6. Harry Potter colour-me postcard
7. The Mythical Lands hardcover notebook
8. A babushka bookmark
9. Collectible make-a-wish bracelet – page four: Myths & Magic by Bee-autifully Yours
Filled with fun, this was one of our most popular cases yet!
December 2016: The Christmas Cafe
The theme for the December case was “The Christmas Cafe”!
How could we not have a Christmas-themed book case for December?! As big fans of Christmas, we thoroughly enjoyed putting this one together.
The case included everything you’d need for a Christmas break:
1. A Gingerbread Cafe Christmas by Rebecca Raisin
2. A Bon Appetit snowman travel mug
3. A vintage cafe notebook by Pinxin Stationery
4. A festive Father Christmas pen
5. A Christmas bookmark by PaperCUTe
6. A handmade Christmas decoration for your tree by Squiggley
7. A couple of yummy Christmas goodies – mini marsh mellows and a hug-in-a-mug hot chocolate
8. Collectible make-a-wish bracelet – page three: The Christmas Cafe by Bee-autifully Yours
The most festive case we’ve ever put together! Full of colour, texture, fun and happiness!
November 2016: Once upon a time…
The theme for the November Case was “Once upon a time…” and we were so excited to have shared it with you!
This book case included the following:
1. Heartless by Marissa Meyer
2. A letter from the author.
3. Tea from The Tea Merchant
4. Peter Pan Post-Its
5. A white feather pen
6. A colour-me-in art card by PaperCUTe
7. A fairytale quote on canvas by PaperCUTe
8. The collectible Mad Hatter’s Tea Party leather bracelet from Bee-autifully Yours
9. A cute magnetic owl book mark by PaperCUTe
October 2016: Secrets
The theme for the October Case was Secrets!
And it was awesome!
This book case included the following:
1. The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron
2. A signed letter from the author herself!
3. The Tree Of Life leather bracelet from Bee-autifully Yours
4. Bookish pencils and a book-themed eraser
5. Inspirational bookmark from The Book Thief
6. A collectible make-a-wish bracelet from Bee-autifully Yours – Page One: Secrets
7. The Secret Garden adult colouring book
August 2016: Self-discovery
The theme for the August’s Book Case is Self-Discovery – be in love with your life, every minute of it!
This is our Giveaway case – a little taste of what to expect in the coming months.
This book case includes the following:
1. Whisper To Me by Nick lake
2. A Hammond Gower notebook
3. A Love Supreme quote print
4. Inspirational hang & peg cards
5. Be in love with your life bookmark patch